This is what taking part in the WEGO Awards means to me
You may remember that in 2016, I was nominated for 6 awards, got to the final for 2 (Blog and Community) and then won the Best in Show Community award. In 2017, I was nominated for 3 and got to the final in all 3 – unfortunately I did not win any of them due to fierce competition. Here we are in 2018 and I’ve been nominated for 5 awards (see below). This is not only another great opportunity for me as a blogger and health activist but also a further opportunity for Neuroendocrine Cancer awareness. I do hope you will not only endorse me (vote for me) but also share with family and friends and recommend that they too endorse me. Only votes will guarantee to get me to the final, after that it’s up to the judges and how much I can impress them in the lead up to the ‘red carpet’.
What can you vote for?
I’m pleased to inform you that I’m a nominee in 5 categories in the 2018 Annual WEGO Health Activist Awards.
1. Blog. This is the one I’d like to win most but the competition is pretty tough! I managed the final in 2016 and 2017 (shortlist of 5).
2. Patient Hero. That’s a very humbling award, ‘hero’ is a strong word in my vocab. I’m honoured to have been nominated in 2018.
3. Facebook. I’m very active on Facebook as you will all know. This would be a good one to win.
4. Community. This is a strong point and I did actually win this category in 2016. Would be good to win it again!
5. Best Kept Secret. I’m not shy is going forward and I do spread myself pretty widely on social media. However, amongst the bigger and more populous cancer advocates, I guess I might be a little bit of a secret.
How to I vote?
Endorsing me is pretty easy although there may be some slight differences if using a desktop computer, a table or mobile phone:
You will be able to see the drop down for all 5 nominations (i.e. See picture below BUT READ THE TEXT BELOW FIRST).
It defaults to ‘Best in Show: blog’ and this is the one I would like most people to vote for. Complete the rest of the text (don’t worry about being contacted by WEGO, they don’t send out too much and you can always unsubscribe). There is an intermediate step where you can opt to share your endorsement on your own social media. I’ll leave it to you do opt to do this or not. You don’t need to create a WEGO account. If you opt not so share, press the back key or just close this window (small x right hand corner) and then change the drop down for another award and it will already have retained your name and email. If you get lost, press the picture above and then select the right drop down. Press ‘Submit‘ for each award. After the first endorsements, the system should retain your details if you wish to endorse me for other awards. If you’re nominating me for more than one, it’s therefore nice and quick.
If anyone has technical difficulties with completing the endorsement, please let me know and I’ll try to help.
I do hope you will support me in this venture. Remember, an endorsement for me is an endorsement for Neuroendocrine Cancer awareness.
thanks – remember I cannot hope to win any of these awards without your votes so please share widely, please share for Neuroendocrine Cancer awareness.
Thanks for reading
Watch my videos on the Ipsen site Living with NETs – click here