Welcome to the website of Ronny Allan who was diagnosed with incurable Metastatic Neuroendocrine Cancer in July 2010 after presenting with weight loss, symptoms of iron deficiency and facial flushing (Carcinoid Syndrome).
If you’re specifically looking for Ronny’s Blog, please either select that from the menu system (there’s one just down a bit) or click on the link or picture below to enter the blog posts in chronological order.
On this site, Ronny discusses various aspects of his cancer, his treatment, and his daily life in terms of changes he had to make. More detail of the background to Ronny’s diagnosis and treatment can be read by clicking here. In addition, Ronny offers hundreds of articles on many different subjects, all meticulously researched from the most eminent sources. Some key posts are filtered below on a menu system as found on his website.
He also occasionally writes about other cancers in the news and related general cancer issues. Factual, educational, positive, and the occasional pinch of humour, he also uses this site to spread awareness of this unusual, less common and complex disease including any related issues. He is passionate about moving Neuroendocrine Cancer into mainstream knowledge circles to ensure maximum awareness.
Board Memberships and Associations:
- Ronny is a member of the Strategic Advisory Board at Multimed Inc, publishers of Cancer Knowledge Network and Current Oncology – click here
- Ronny was also a member of the 2019 WEGO Health Patient Leader Advisory Board. Read more here.
- Ronny is a member of the Patient Advisory Board supporting Ipsen’s patient website Living With NETs
- Ronny is a member of the 2022 Health Union Patient Leadership Council. Read more here.
Awards and Nominations
- In 2016, Ronny was nominated for 6 WEGO awards, made it to the finals in 2 (Blog and Community) and then won the annual WEGO Health Activist category of “Best in Show: Community”. This was not only a significant milestone for Ronny but also the Neuroendocrine Cancer community in general.
- In 2017, Ronny was nominated for 3 WEGO awards and made it into the finals in all 3 nominations.
- In 2018, Ronny was nominated for 5 WEGO Awards and was a WINNER in the ‘Best in Show: Blog’ category.
- In 2021, Ronny was nominated for 12 WEGO Awards, in the final for two of them and was a WINNER in the Lifetime Achievement category
- Read Ronny’s WEGO Health profile here.
- Click here to hear my WEGO sponsored podcast.
RonnyAllan.NET is accredited ‘Patients Included’ site and displays the tick icon below. Every post has patient input. Click here or the icon below to find out more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Top 10 Posts & Pages in the last 48 hours (auto updates)
Contact Ronny Allan:
Please note all information provided in this blog is Ronny Allan’s own views and opinions and is therefore strictly for educational or discussion purposes. Moreover, it does not constitute professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or care. Furthermore, it does not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of his medical team, Macmillan Cancer Support, PLANETS Charity, Carcinoid Cancer Foundation, NET Patient Foundation, NET Research Foundation, WEGO Health, Cure Magazine, Cancer Knowledge Network, MultiMed Inc, or any other organisation or person with whom he may be directly or indirectly associated. Read the full Disclaimer – click here
Please note this site is totally non-profit and is not aligned to a particular non-profit organisation. Additionally, any referencing of organisations which have a fundraising function is for their non-fundraising technical content and not in any way a suggestion you should donate to the organisation being referenced. No buying or selling allowed on my sites please and all posts and comments are moderated.
Copyright © 2021 · Ronny Allan (RonnyAllan.NET), including all Facebook pages, Facebook groups, Twitter accounts, Nuzzel newsletters, Pinterest, Instagram. Some images may also be subject to copyright
Thanks for reading.
Sign up for my newsletters – Click Here