Welcome to my fifth ‘community’ newsletter, the monthly summary of NET news, views and ICYMI (in case you missed it!).
The highlight of the month was my attendance at the first ever Joint Patient-Physician symposium at ENETS Barcelona. I remain thankful to INCA for the honour of attending and for the experience that came with it. It was also great to finally meet other NET advocates face to face for the first time. Some of them have been great supporters since the inception of my blog and community.
March was a slower month in blogging terms due to a number of external projects and a continuing flow of private messages. I don’t have an issue with private contact but please note my disclaimer. My winter cold extended into March including during the ENETS/INCA symposium and although I had no voice, I still managed a question to the panel.
Despite a low number of blogs, I still managed to accumulate the second biggest monthly blog views ever. Thank you all so much ♥
New Blogs Published
Due to the vagaries of Facebook inner workings, some of these may not have even shown on your Facebook timeline. So, ICYMI …….here’s a summary with links:
- My February Newsletter!
- In the war on Neuroendocrine Cancer, let’s not forget to win the battle for better quality of life. A key campaign for 2017 in the area of better quality of life and unmet needs for patients (a key INCA initiative). Already over 1000 views.
Other News in Mar 2017
New Audiences for NET Cancer. From Day 1, I said it was my aim to find new audiences for NETS rather than just share stuff within our own community.
- I’m ‘extremely’ active on twitter and I find a lot of my research stuff there. I also use it to support other conditions and it’s mostly returned (i.e. others help with NET awareness). There is so much on twitter that I could swamp the community Facebook site so I started a twitter newsletter via an app called Nuzzel which seeks out stuff I normally like. Click this link and sign up if you think this is something you’d be interested in receiving. I almost doubled the amount of subscribers in March! Currently 168.
- I’m making new friends in the interventional radiologist community and am waiting on a video featuring a NET Patient (will bring you details in due course) and I’m learning more about these technologies from reading their tweets – I had no idea how many different jobs these guys do! I’m also seeing an increase from the Pathology community.
- I’m proud to have been asked to become a ‘Community Champion’ on the Macmillan Cancer Support Forum helping outliers from the NET community there. I’ll be reporting more on this in the coming weeks.
Patients Included. A new campaign for 2017. I was excited to have been invited to the first ever joint Patient-Physician symposium at the annual ENETS conference in Barcelona 8 – 11 March. I have really good information which will feed into my blogs, either as updates or new blogs. This new blog is a result of attending this symposium but it’s from an existing campaign run along the ‘Consequences’ campaign run by Macmillan Cancer Support for all cancers. In the war on Neuroendocrine Cancer, let’s not forget to win the battle for better quality of life
Blog Milestone. In March, I tipped over the quarter of a million views! Thank you all so much ♥ Keep sharing!
Facebook Milestone. I’m aiming for 5000 by year-end and this is on track. The Facebook page is now my biggest outlet for awareness and education so please please please recommend this page to anyone you think would be interested. The picture of the invite button shown here is an example from a windows computer, it may differ on other platforms.
I’m expanding into Instagram to see how that goes. I’ve amassed over 200 followers to date. Initially, I’ll just be posting pictures of things that inspire me, mostly scenic photos of places I’ve been or want to go! You can follow me here: Click here to go to my Instagram page
- Facebook – 4350. This is a key outlet for my blog – please encourage others to like my page (if you’d like to know how to use your Facebook to invite others to my page – let me know, I can provide you with a step by step approach). Please also join my 2017 awareness campaign event here (select ‘Going’)
- Twitter – 3754 / 2883 Follow me here @RonnyAllan1 / @NETCancerBlog
- Total Blog Views: 256,111
- Blog with most views: 8052 – The Anatomy of Neuroendocrine Cancer
- Most blog views in one day: 2043 on 15 Jan 2017. Why the spike? ….. “The Anatomy of Neuroendocrine Cancer”
- Most blog views in one month: 19,186 in Jan 2017. Why the spike? …. “The Anatomy of Neuroendocrine Cancer” and “Ignore this post about Neuroendocrine Cancer“
Where did March Blog views come from? – Top 11 countries: Denmark is a new entry.
For interest. the 10 Ten Facebook followers by Country – Spain overtakes France 🙂
Thanks for your great support in March.
Hey Guys, I’m also active on Facebook. Like my page for even more news.