Welcome to the blog site of Ronny Allan who was diagnosed with incurable Metastatic Neuroendocrine Cancer in July 2010 after presenting with weight loss, symptoms of iron deficiency and facial flushing (Carcinoid Syndrome). In this blog, Ronny discusses various aspects of his cancer, his treatment, and his daily life in terms of changes he had to make. Background to my diagnosis and treatment – click here
Factual, educational and the occasional pinch of humour, Ronny aims to put a positive spin on his life. He also uses the blog to spread awareness of this unusual, less common and complex disease including any related issues. He is passionate about moving Neuroendocrine Cancer into mainstream knowledge circles. He also occasionally blogs about other cancers in the news and related general cancer issues.
Ronny is a member of the 2019 WEGO Health Patient Leader Advisory Board. Read more here.
In 2016, Ronny was nominated for 6 awards, made it to the final in 2 (Blog and Community) and then won the annual WEGO Health Activist category of “Best in Show: Community”. This was a significant milestone for the Neuroendocrine Cancer community which comprises those who support Ronny on this page and also on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram.
In 2017, Ronny was nominated for 3 WEGO awards and managed to get into the finals in all 3 nominations.
In 2018, Ronny was nominated for 5 WEGO Awards and was a WINNER in the ‘Best in Show: Blog’ Category.
Ronny is a contributor to Cure Magazine and you can read his articles by clicking here
Ronny’s most read articles can be found here or by browsing the site: Most Popular Posts (CLICK)
He supplements his WordPress blog activity by running a very popular Neuroendocrine Cancer Facebook Cancer Community page and in 2018, launched a Patient Support Group.
If you want to see more posts, please ‘like‘ this Facebook page.
Copyright © 2019 · Ronny Allan (NET Cancer Blog) – some images may also be subject to copyright
Selected feedback from supporters:
- Josh Pyle, Senior Marketing Director for WEGO Health and co-founder of River Otter Interactive Inc … “ It is hard to find the quality of content and mix of science, lifestyle and hope that you consistently show the world. It is refreshing and inspiring to say the least. I hope you realise the positive impact you have on real people
- Dr Jane Maher, Cancer doctor, Chief Medical Officer at Macmillan Cancer Support. wrote “What a very helpful blog – for health professionals too”
- Pheochromocytoma Support Foundation wrote “Ronny Allan is a wonderful advocate in the world of NET Cancer. We especially like him here, because he is so positive”
- Northwoods NETS (Minnesota Carcinoid & Neuroendocrine Cancer Support Group) wrote: “He’s published a number of fantastic articles that take very technical topics and make them completely accessible for patients and their families to understand”
- Dr Eric Liu (Internationally Recognized Neuroendocrine Tumor Surgeon) wrote: “Great blog Ronny. Thank you for sharing” and “great job with the blogs. Keep up the good work”
- Maggie commented: “Carry on your good work Ronny, my consultant says he learns a lot from you!”
- Lorrie commented: “There is a reason I keep coming back here again and again, and rereading your blogs – you have become a calming force in my life!”
- Les tweeted: “Ronny Allan is simply inspirational”
Dorothy wrote: “You light up our lives Ronny”
- Liz wrote: “Your posts and words are so very very important for helping people understand more. In terms of awareness, your methods are 100 times more potent than a zebra picture“
- Roddy wrote: “As a newcomer observer of the world of NETs, it is amazing how much is happening, your blog and links and advocacy are gold dust”
- Billy wrote: “I am always happy when I get a notification (one of very few that I allow) that you have posted something new to your blog. I appreciate your honesty and your approach towards the subjects you address. I can always count on knowing that you give a fair and balanced perspective. Thanks for that“
- Teresa wrote:“Thank you so much. We have so many “blogs” websites, etc., that seem to cause me more anxiety than help. It is so refreshing to read your blogs. I always learn something new”
- Su En wrote: “I am so happy that I have found you Ronny. You are expressing exactly how I feel and I no longer feel alone. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and experience”
- Marilyn wrote: “Wonderfully written, poignant and, most importantly, so encouraging! Thank you!”
- Dave wrote: “I’m very happy to have found your blog. You do a great job of educating without scaring”
- Genevieve wrote: “It’s a very comforting thing to me! Please don’t ever stop!”
- Helen wrote: “Ronny Allan’s blog is the greatest. A mine of information“
‘Vanuitdebuik’commented: “I am more convinced than before that patient stories are so important to the medical world (doctors, surgeons, pathologists, pharma industry, etc.) and for fellow patients. That proves the inspirational blog of Ronny Allan. What he does with his blog is phenomenal. He is an association on his own.”
Theresa wrote: “Thank you for such a great blog. I have been following it and you provide information that should be published in a manual that every NET patient would benefit from the day they are diagnosed!”
Susan wrote: “Ronny, I’m so thankful for your well written blog. You may well help to save someone’s life”
Alex wrote: “The information in your blogs on everything from initial discovery to all the new drugs etc has made such a difference for me. I just wanted you to know that what you do is valued and absolutely worth it”
Sean wrote: “Thank you for helping me through the tough times with your blogs, you have genuinely changed the way I think for the better“
Ed wrote: “You do such a great job raising awareness and your articles are so full of useful information. I just wanted to say thank you!”
Sue wrote: “The closest NET support group is over 300 kilometres away from here, so I use Ronny’s Blog as my support and inspiration”
Cheryl (Psy.D) wrote: “Great guy & great blog. Never ending commitment to neuroendocrine disease & neuroendocrine cancer”
Lyn wrote: “You’ve given me the greatest gift … you’ve given me hope”
Paula wrote: “You should write a book! I would definitely buy”
Michael wrote: “The medical data, insight and experience Ronny collates and shares on his website and FB page on this disease (NET cancer) have been an enormous source of information and hope for me and my family”
Gaynor wrote: “To be honest, I don’t go anywhere else”
Lisa wrote: “Ronny is the most valuable resource that NET Cancer peeps have”
Leena wrote: “You do such great work even for us who have Neuroendocrine Carcinoma (NEC), God bless you!”
- Catherine wrote: “Yours is the only blog I subscribe to. Essential reading.”
- David wrote: “I have NETS websites (treatment and organisations that I read down to three now and you are included. So much info out there and can be overwhelming but I really like reading your site/blogs“
- Debbie wrote: “The best and most informative place on Facebook“.
A Selection of Featured Blog Posts:
Ronny’s blogs have been featured by various organisations – here’s a selection:
- Sorry, I’m not in service – Guest Blog post by Macmillan. Also featured by Cancer Knowledge Network
- Go on, climb that hill!– Guest Blog post by Macmillan.
- Intelligent patients – just what the doctor didn’t order – Guest Blog post by Carcinoid Cancer Foundation
- Colonoscopy Comedy – featured by Macmillan
- A deadly cloud with a silver lining for Cancer – featured by Macmillan
- Stable is my new normal – featured by Macmillan
- Living with an incurable cancer – does mind over matter help? – featured by Macmillan
- Keep your light burning – featured by Anti Cancer Club
- The Invisible NET Patient Population – featured by NET Patient Foundation
The following organisations have advertised Ronny Allan’s blog site by linking to it from their own website:
Northwoods NETS (Minnesota Carcinoid & Neuroendocrine Cancer Support Group)
Sometimes you just got to climb that hill!
Please note all information provided in this blog is Ronny Allan’s own views and opinions and is therefore strictly for educational or discussion purposes. Moreover, it does not constitute professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or care. Furthermore, it does not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of his medical team, Macmillan Cancer Support, PLANETS Charity, Carcinoid Cancer Foundation, NET Patient Foundation, NET Research Foundation, WEGO Health, Cure Magazine, Cancer Knowledge Network, MultiMed Inc, or any other organisation or person with whom he may be directly or indirectly associated. Full Disclaimer – click here
Read and subscribe to Ronny Allan’s twitter Newsletter (click and then subscribe)
Background to my diagnosis and treatment – click here
Disclaimer – click here
Copyright © 2019 · Ronny Allan. NET Cancer Blog and RonnyAllan.NET, including all Facebook pages, Facebook groups, twitter accounts, Nuzzel accounts, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram.
Please note this site is totally non-profit, is not aligned to a particular non-profit organisation. Whilst efforts have been made to update, any reference to fund-raising found will be related a now expired and closed event. Additionally, any referencing of organisations which have a fundraising function is for their non-fundraising technical content and is not in any way a suggestion you should donate to the organisation being referenced. No buying or selling allowed. All posts are moderated. I am not a Zebra.