Welcome to the website of Ronny Allan who was diagnosed with incurable Metastatic Neuroendocrine Cancer in July 2010 after presenting with weight loss, symptoms of iron deficiency and facial flushing (Carcinoid Syndrome). On this site, Ronny discusses various aspects of his cancer, his treatment, and his daily life in terms of changes he had to make. More detail of the background to Ronny’s diagnosis and treatment can be read by clicking here. In addition, Ronny offers hundreds of articles on many different subjects, all meticulously researched from the most eminent sources. He also occasionally writes about other cancers in the news and related general cancer issues.Factual, educational, positive and the occasional pinch of humour, he also uses this site to spread awareness of this unusual, less common and complex disease including any related issues. He is passionate about moving Neuroendocrine Cancer into mainstream knowledge circles to ensure maximum awareness.
Board Memberships and Associations:
- Ronny is a member of the Strategic Advisory Board at Multimed Inc, publishers of Cancer Knowledge Network and Current Oncology – click here
- Ronny was also a member of the 2019 WEGO Health Patient Leader Advisory Board. Read more here.
- Ronny is a member of the Patient Advisory Board supporting Ipsen’s patient website Living With NETs
Awards and Nominations
- In 2016, Ronny was nominated for 6 WEGO awards, made it to the finals in 2 (Blog and Community) and then won the annual WEGO Health Activist category of “Best in Show: Community”. This was not only a significant milestone for Ronny but also the Neuroendocrine Cancer community in general.
- In 2017, Ronny was nominated for 3 WEGO awards and made it into the finals in all 3 nominations.
- In 2018, Ronny was nominated for 5 WEGO Awards and was a WINNER in the ‘Best in Show: Blog’ Category.
RonnyAllan.NET is accredited ‘Patients Included’ site and displays the tick icon below. Every post has patient input. Click here or the icon below to find out more.
Magazine Contributions and Features
- Ronny is a contributor to Cure Magazine and you can read his articles by clicking here.
- Ronny has been featured by the NET Research Foundation via the article “Research Today is the Treatment of Tomorrow” – click here to read the article.
Recommendations and Reviews
- Read what others say by clicking here.
Contact Ronny Allan:
Read and subscribe to Ronny Allan’s twitter Newsletter (click and then subscribe)
Ronny’s most read articles can be found here or by browsing the site: Most Popular Posts (CLICK)
He supplements his WordPress blog activity by running a very popular Neuroendocrine Cancer Facebook Cancer Community page and in 2018, launched a Patient Support Group.
If you want to see more posts, please ‘like‘ this Facebook page.
Sometimes you just got to climb that hill!
Please note all information provided in this blog is Ronny Allan’s own views and opinions and is therefore strictly for educational or discussion purposes. Moreover, it does not constitute professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or care. Furthermore, it does not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of his medical team, Macmillan Cancer Support, PLANETS Charity, Carcinoid Cancer Foundation, NET Patient Foundation, NET Research Foundation, WEGO Health, Cure Magazine, Cancer Knowledge Network, MultiMed Inc, or any other organisation or person with whom he may be directly or indirectly associated. Read the full Disclaimer – click here
Please note this site is totally non-profit and is not aligned to a particular non-profit organisation. Additionally, any referencing of organisations which have a fundraising function is for their non-fundraising technical content and not in any way a suggestion you should donate to the organisation being referenced. No buying or selling allowed on my sites please and all posts and comments are moderated.
Copyright © 2020 · Ronny Allan, NET Cancer Blog, RonnyAllan.NET, including all Facebook pages, Facebook groups, twitter accounts, Nuzzel newsletters, Pinterest, Instagram. Some images may also be subject to copyright
Paraneoplastic syndromes are a group of rare disorders that are triggered by an abnormal immune system response to a cancerous tumour known as a “neoplasm.”
Share on facebook Facebook Share on twitter Twitter Share on pinterest Pinterest Share on whatsapp WhatsApp Share on email Email This new normal just isn’t
Living with Neuroendocrine Cancer during COVID-19 restrictions (Episode 12) – a story of surviving, cycling, Scottish holiday memories including the ‘Fairy Pools’
Share on facebook Facebook Share on twitter Twitter Share on pinterest Pinterest Share on whatsapp WhatsApp Share on email Email Episode 12 of my Living
Share on facebook Facebook Share on twitter Twitter Share on pinterest Pinterest Share on whatsapp WhatsApp Share on email Email Tumour Markers General For some
Living with Neuroendocrine Cancer during COVID-19 restrictions 11 – a story of Walking the Wall, coping strategies and the London Ga68 PET
Share on facebook Facebook Share on twitter Twitter Share on pinterest Pinterest Share on whatsapp WhatsApp Share on email Email Episode 11 of my Living
Share on facebook Facebook Share on twitter Twitter Share on pinterest Pinterest Share on whatsapp WhatsApp Share on email Email Click here to see the